4/19/15

My Lilly for Target Launch Experience!



If you love Lilly Pulitzer and were super excited for the launch, I hope you were online and got what you wanted because it sold out quickly in the stores near me! This is going to be a post all about my experience with the launch of the Lilly for Target collection!

One of my friends who works at Target told me she believed it launched at midnight. (I live on the east coast). So, I anxiously awaited midnight...and nothing. So, I googled it, and saw someone had heard 2am. I assumed EST so I waited and waited. 2am came...nothing. By now, I had been on Twitter along with thousands of others talking about it. I then googled it again and read "between midnight and 2am CST." WHAT.

So, I stayed up until 3. It launched for me some point between 3 and 3:30 I think and I quickly jumped on the chance. The shift dress I wanted was sold out so I got the shorts I wanted and found another shift dress. I went to go to my cart after checking to see if some other stuff I liked were still available... and it would not let me in. I went on Twitter and some people said it was working on mobile, so I went on my phone and had a different item along with my shorts (the shift dress sold out since I couldn't get into my cart), and went to check out...then they crashed the site to fix it. UGH.

So, I anxiously refreshed my phone and my laptop browsers until around 4 or so, when it finally came back up on my laptop. I grabbed my shorts, found a pair of pants still in stock (in the girls size, yay for being small!) and the tank top I wanted that had previously said it was sold out! I finally checked out around 4:15am and got my confirmation to my email! YAY! 

I'm really glad I didn't go to the store but I'm also really sad I couldn't get my shift dress. Looks like I'll be checking eBay for that and/or possibly saving up for a full priced shift dress! 

I really wish that Target would've anticipated a larger group of people because there were a ton of people online and the site kept crashing. I feel like they didn't think it was going to be as big as it was, but they were dead wrong.

But hey, I got 3 things and I cannot WAIT until they come in! I will do a haul post/video when I get them to show you all what I managed to snag! Here's some pictures of the stuff I got though! 
Pom Pom shorts in My Fans (I got a girls size XL)
Women's jersey tank in My Fans (I got a small)
Pants in Sea Urchin For You (I got a Girls XL)

I don't think I've ever been happier that I can fit into a girls XL than I am now! I'm so happy I at least got these 3 things and I can't wait to have them in my hands! 


So that's my Lilly for Target launch experience! Were you online or did you try and brave the store? Did you get anything? If so, lemme know in the comments! If not, lemme know what you were looking for! 

Have a great week everyone!
♥♥tyleralesia 

No comments:

Post a Comment